Injuries can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time. From a sudden and unexpected encounter with an aggressive dog to a serious car accident with injuries, unforeseen circumstances can change your life and your family’s in the blink of an eye. At such times, you need someone with proven experience whose guidance you can trust.
Personal Injury Lawyer, Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC responds to your needs, promptly, anywhere in Indiana, after a serious accident. We represent injured victims in Indianapolis, Batesville, Fort Wayne, South Bend, and throughout the state.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Indiana
The goal of a personal injury claim is to hold people or entities responsible for mistakes that have affected the health and well-being of others. If you have been seriously injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, Indiana law is on your side. Unfortunately, insurance companies often stand in the way of full compensation when claims for compensation are made. You will be less likely to receive a fair settlement that reflects the extent of your losses if you try to deal with an insurance company on your own.
The Indianapolis injury lawyers with Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC know how difficult it can be for the average person to get a vehicle repaired, or keep the medical bills paid when you have lost income in the aftermath of a serious accident. You may even be dealing with funeral expenses and grief if you have lost a loved one and are facing a wrongful death claim. Let us deal with the insurance companies so that you can focus on your family and your recovery. We fight for your rights against insurance companies with the resources and experience we have built in more than 30 years of personal injury practice.
Why You Should Hire Attorneys from Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC
Our personal injury lawyers have been awarded the Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Rating and 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating for the quality of service we provide to our clients. We have extensive experience handling personal injury claims and make it a priority to keep our clients informed of the progress our lawyers are making in your case. Our lawyers are both skilled negotiators and aggressive litigators whose results speak for themselves.
You will have the benefit of a dedicated team of professionals working on your behalf. We provide our clients with our personal cell phone numbers so you can reach us if you have questions. We treat clients with compassion, courtesy and attentive respect, as we would want to be treated.
The following are some of the steps that our legal team will take if we are handling your personal injury claim:
- Perform a comprehensive, independent investigation of the accident to determine its cause and identify all the potentially responsible parties, including third parties such as manufacturers of unsafe products and defective auto components;
- Examine all potential sources of insurance coverage carried by the at-fault parties;
- Consult with traffic reconstruction specialists, medical experts, product safety engineers and life-care planners to pinpoint the cause of your accident, the effect of your injury on your life and the extent of your present and future medical expenses and other losses;
- Handle all dealings with insurance adjusters and insurance lawyers, including tenacious negotiations for a full settlement;
- Prepare the claim for court, if necessary, including producing evidence of your injuries resulting from negligence;
- Resolve any health care liens on your monetary settlement to allow you to receive the maximum amount possible.
We are sensitive to the fact that money is often very tight if you have been out of work because of an injury and been unable to produce income. At Craig, Kelley & Faultless, LLC, we do not charge any fees upfront. We do not expect payment unless we are successful in obtaining compensation for you through an insurance settlement or jury verdict. If we obtain a recovery for you, we receive a portion of that to cover our legal fee and expenses.
Common Types of Personal Injury Accidents
We have extensive experience handling a range of personal injury matters including:
As vehicle accident attorneys, we have handled countless injury claims resulting from motor vehicle accidents, including:
Indiana reported more than 200,000 traffic accidents that cause injury or property damage in 2014. There were more than 700 fatal collisions and a fourth of them were speed related. Many of the injuries and deaths were preventable accidents caused by a motorist’s negligence.
700 fatal collisions
1/4 speed related
If you are involved in any type of vehicle accident caused by another driver, here are three steps that you should take.
- You should report the accident to the police and wait at the scene of the accident for the police to arrive. A police report documenting an accident is important to have when making a claim. Do not let another driver talk you out of contacting the police.
- If you are injured, you should get a medical examination. Inform the doctor that you have been in an accident and describe what happened. Some injuries such as concussions may not be immediately obvious after an accident but can be serious. A doctor’s assessment of your injuries is important to establish that an accident caused your injuries.
- Do not give a recorded statement or sign any release presented by an insurance company representing an at-fault driver until you have consulted with an experienced attorney. Take advantage of a free consultation with a knowledgeable Indiana attorney about your personal injury accident. An experienced personal injury attorney will be able to assess whether a settlement offer is reasonable based on the facts of the case. Have the personal injury lawyer review the offer that you have received and discuss whether it appears to be fair. Insurance companies often will make a quick lowball offer to settle a claim, but these offers rarely reflect the full value of the case.
Here are 4 things to avoid doing if you are ever in an accident:
- Fleeing the scene. It is illegal to flee the scene of an accident and it makes you seem like the guilty party, which will undoubtedly hurt your chances of winning a personal injury case.
- Being dishonest. The smallest of lies can hurt your chances of winning your case. Tell the police, your doctor and your lawyer the truth.
- Failing to visit the doctor. Even if you don’t think your injuries are severe, visit a doctor for a clean bill of health. Sometimes things that don’t seem that significant can turn into major problems. Get checked out by a qualified health care provider.
- Losing documents. Keep special care of all the documents related to your case. This can include doctor’s bills, police records, witness statements and even daily logs in your journal. The more information you have, the better.
What Types of Compensation Can You Recover in a Personal Injury Claim?
Every personal injury accident has unique contributing factors and unique circumstances. The compensation that you may be able to recover will depend on a number of issues, including the specific facts of the case, the extent of your injuries and the amount of insurance available to cover your losses.
Some examples of the kinds of damages you may be entitled to after a personal injury accident in Indiana include:
- Payment of all medical bills, physical therapy and rehabilitation, including the cost of future treatments related to the injury;
- Lost wages and diminished future earning capacity related to the injury;
- Compensation for the pain and suffering and reduced enjoyment of life that you have endured through no fault of your own;
- The cost to fix or replace your damaged vehicle, including payment for a rental car while your car is being repaired or you are awaiting payment to purchase a replacement vehicle;
- If the vehicle is repaired, the loss in value of that vehicle.
If an accident resulted in fatal injuries to your family member we recognize that no amount of money will replace your lost loved one. At the same time, your loved one’s death should not cause added financial hardship for the surviving family members. Indiana law is on your side if someone else’s negligence caused your loved one’s death. You may be able to bring a wrongful death claim to seek compensation for funeral expenses, medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, loss of companionship and other losses related to the accident.
Indianapolis Personal Injury Attorneys with a History of Success
Our firm has been named among the 10 Best Law Firms for 2015 by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys. Our lawyers have been awarded membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®. The law firm received a 2015 Litigator Award, a national award recognizing extraordinary achievement in the fields of personal injury, wrongful death, aviation accidents and truck accidents.
If you have sustained a personal injury in Indiana through someone else’s negligence, let our proven personal injury attorneys champion your cause. We have the resources and courtroom-tested experience to make a difference in the outcome of your accident. We do not back down from a fight. We will be there standing up for you and your interests. Contact our firm online to schedule a free case consultation at a location that is convenient for you. We level the playing field against insurance companies and fight aggressively for the compensation that you deserve. Contact us today about your personal injury!