At Craig, Kelley & Faultless, we are committed to helping personal injury victims across the Hoosier state seek justice and maximum compensation when they’re suffering from serious emotional, physical, and financial burdens caused by others’ carelessness or negligence.
Have you been injured in a car crash or truck accident in Lawrence caused by another driver? Have you lost a loved one because of someone else’s carelessness or misconduct? If you have been the victim of someone else’s reckless actions, the attorneys at Craig, Kelley & Faultless are ready to fight for you.
At Craig, Kelley & Faultless, we understand that a recovery from the trauma and lingering physical injuries of an accident can be costly and time-consuming. We established our law firm in 1999 with the goal of caring for personal injury victims. We never represent insurance companies or people who cause accidents. Our dedicated team of personal injury attorneys works tirelessly to help make sure that each client receives the kind of compassionate legal representation that we would want our own loved ones to receive.
Our personal injury law firm has been recognized by industry ratings such U.S. News and World Report and listed among the 10 Best Law Firms of 2015 by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys for our dedication and quality legal services. With five offices across Indiana, our knowledgeable and compassionate team is well-positioned to help you pursue justice and maximum compensation for your injuries.
How can a personal injury lawyer help me?
Accidents with serious injuries and damages are scary and stressful. It can be just as traumatic to deal with the other party’s insurance company and try to obtain reimbursement for your medical bills. Trying to stand up to an insurance company can seem almost impossible when all you want to do is focus on your recovery. Pursuing just compensation after an accident doesn’t mean that you have to shoulder the burden of dealing with the insurers. A skilled lawyer at Craig, Kelley & Faultless can evaluate your case and help you understand your legal options. A personal injury lawyer can pursue justice and fair compensation on your behalf, while you focus on your recovery.
If Craig, Kelley & Faultless agrees to handle your case, a personal injury lawyer will fully investigate your accident and gather all the evidence to prove your injuries and who is liable. Depending on the specifics of the accident, this might include things like medical records, medical expert testimony, photographic or video evidence, and other documents needed to prove negligence.
An experienced personal injury attorney will present your claim to the appropriate insurance company and negotiate on your behalf. Insurance companies try to pay out as little as possible to settle claims. The insurer may try to avoid paying you altogether or try to talk you into accepting a quick settlement for much less than the actual cost of your injuries. However, an experienced lawyer knows the kind of tricks that insurance companies try and can work to get maximum compensation for your injuries.
If the insurance company refuses to agree to a fair settlement, our attorneys will be prepared to seek justice in an Indiana courtroom. Our attorneys are skilled trial attorneys and are ready to fight for your rights.
Common causes of personal injuries
Many types of negligent actions can cause personal injuries. Some common causes of personal injury claims include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Most of us have to be on the road every day to get to work and school. You can be a safe driver, but you cannot control the actions of other drivers.
Distracted, drunk, and irresponsible drivers cause life-threatening car, motorcycle, pedestrian, and bicycle accidents. The resulting injuries vary from bruises and scrapes to broken bones to lifelong medical conditions and fatal injuries. When the careless driver is behind the wheel of an 18-wheeler or semi, the injuries can be devastating to the occupants of the smaller vehicles. Truck accidents can cause severe, debilitating injuries including traumatic brain injuries, paralysis, and spinal cord injuries.
- Slip and fall injuries: Property owners have a responsibility to provide safe conditions for every authorized person that visits the property. A hazardous condition can lead to devastating injuries, including broken bones, brain damage, and even death. These types of injuries can occur on commercial properties such as home improvement stores, groceries and restaurants, as well as private properties like people’s homes and community pools.
- Workplace injuries: Many people face hazardous conditions on the job that can lead to serious injuries, such as spinal cord and traumatic brain injury. Even in the safest of jobs, day-to-day tasks can lead to accidents. Wrongful death: A wrongful death can occur whenever someone’s negligent or wrongful actions, through anything from reckless driving to intentional harm, cause someone to die.
Can I file a lawsuit for personal injury in Lawrence, IN?
Depending on the specific circumstances of your case, you may seek significant compensation for the harm you’ve suffered. According to Indiana laws, accident victims typically have two years to file a lawsuit after the date of the accident.
However, the statute of limitations on filing claims has multiple exceptions. For example, any claim against a state government agency must be filed within 270 days of the accident, and you have only 180 days for any claims against city or county agencies. An experienced Lawrence personal injury lawyer can review your case and advise you on whether filing a lawsuit is the best course of action to pursue compensation for your injuries.
Do I have legal rights to a personal injury compensation?
Several different factors determine whether someone has a legal right to seek compensation when they’ve been injured in an accident.
For example, if you were injured in a car accident, Indiana law permits you to file a claim on your own insurance policy, file with the other party’s insurance, or file a lawsuit to pursue damages. However, if you are found to be at least partially at fault for the accident, Indiana’s “comparative fault” rule can reduce or eliminate any amount you’re owed. Because of the comparative fault rule, insurance companies will do everything they can to shift the blame and avoid or reduce the amounts they must pay.
Indiana law caps how much money can be awarded in certain types of personal injury cases. For example, if a state or local entity is found liable for an accident that impacted more than one victim, the total amount the government entity will pay-out is $5 million.
If you are awarded compensation for your injuries, common types of compensation include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Property damages
- Lost wages during recovery
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning ability
- Emotional trauma, such as the loss of enjoyment of life
Important Lawrence Resources
At Craig, Kelley & Faultless, we are dedicated to serving our community and residents throughout Lawrence. We have provided the below resources to help our fellow citizens find some of the important community resources.
- Hospitals serving Lawrence, IN: If you need emergency medical care after an accident, you may be transported by ambulance to one of the following facilities:
- Community Hospital North, 7150 Clearvista Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46256
- Kindred Hospital Indianapolis North, 8060 Knue Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46250
- St. Vincent Neighborhood Hospital, 8602 Allisonville Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46250
- Police stations serving Lawrence, IN: If a law enforcement agency came to the accident scene, you can get a copy of the accident report at stations, such as:
- Courts serving Lawrence, IN: Craig, Kelley & Faultless represents clients in personal injury lawsuits at courts across Indiana, including at:
- Marion County Courts: 200 E. Washington St., #W-122, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- U.S. District Court for Southern District of Indiana: 46 E Ohio St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Contact the Lawrence Personal Injury Lawyers at Craig, Kelley & Faultless
At Craig, Kelley & Faultless, we have been serving Indiana for more than 30 years by helping clients just like you get maximum compensation for injuries. We donate our time and money to make our Indiana communities safer places to live and raise families. Our dedicated lawyers have been recognized for their excellent work by top industry ratings like the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and honored with testimonials from our past clients.
With five offices across the state of Indiana and a staff of accomplished attorneys, we have the resources and experience you need to pursue your personal injury case. If you have been the victim of someone else’s negligence, don’t wait to get the justice and compensation you deserve. We’re available to speak with you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.