The attorneys of Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC are very grateful for the firm’s success and we strongly believe that we have an obligation to give back to the communities in which we practice. From the moment we opened our doors, we have devoted a great deal of time and resources to improving those communities, as well as the ones in which we are raising our own families, through volunteer efforts and legal action.
Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC Sponsors The 8-Hour Dream Endurance Race
The 8-Hour Dream Endurance Race was founded in 2015 in Carmel, Indiana. Now located at Butler University, the Race gives you 8 hours to run, walk, skip, or crawl as far as you can. It’s the ultimate test of endurance! You can participate solo or as part of a team (up to 8 members). The race officially lasts from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, with start and finish in front of Butler’s historic Hinkle Fieldhouse. The course winds around the Butler campus, covering multiple surfaces. At 6:00 PM, it’s time to toast your accomplishments with a free cookout. The event will take place on June 18, 2020.
Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC Is Proud to Support Red Alert Robotics
Red Alert Robotics is a FIRST Robotics Team from Center Grove High School, in Greenwood, Indiana. They were founded in 2006.
Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC Sponsors Team Indiana Volleyball
Team Indiana is dedicated to the cultivation of developmental skills in young players and providing opportunities for girls to grow as individuals as well as elite volleyball players. They support multi-sport athletes and want our athletes to be well rounded and find their passion for the game. They also have a 100% success rate of providing our athletes and families an opportunity to play at the college level.
Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC Partners with Indy VegFest
Indy VegFest seeks to increase acceptance and understanding of the environmental and health benefits of a vegan lifestyle. This year’s festival will take place on March 29, 2020 at Bankers Life Field House in Indianapolis. The event will be a forum to engage people in transparent communication aimed at educating, promoting, and providing resources for those interested in a plant-based lifestyle. Visit their website for more information.
Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC Is Proud to Support The Greenways Foundation
The Indiana Greenways connect communities with dozens of beautiful trails. Founded in 1991 with the goals of building, promoting, and maintaining the network of interconnected trails, The Greenway Foundation works closely with citizens and state and local governments to ensure that Indiana’s linear parks continue to thrive. We are proud to partner with The Greenway Foundation to keep our communities healthy and happy. Visit their website for more information.
Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC Sponsors The Indiana Forest Alliance
Founded in 1996 as a non-profit, the Indiana Forest Alliance (IFA) is dedicated to the long-term health of Indiana’s native forests, and to restoring the state’s forest ecosystem for the enjoyment of all. Combining scientific research with effective advocacy, the IFA’s strong team of volunteers promotes the invaluable importance of forest ecosystems for all Indiana residents.
We are proud to partner with the IFA to ensure healthier Hoosier communities. Visit their website for more information, and to get involved.
Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC is Proud to Support the Polar Bear Winter Classic
The 38th Annual Polar Bear Winter Classic will take place on February 15, 2020 in Indianapolis — rain or shine! One of the oldest road races in Indiana, this year’s running will once again include both 5K and 10K distances. Furthermore, you can truly test your spring training progress by running both distances back to back for a total of 15K, or as we call it, “The Bear.” Don’t wait to sign up: the first 1,200 registered participants will automatically receive the “Wear the Bear” stocking hat, which has become an absolute must-have in the Indy-area running community. Learn more: www.indypolarbear.com
Bicycle Helmets and Head Injuries: Indianapolis Personal Injury Attorneys
Head Injuries are the most common causes of death among cyclists. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention observes that approximately 1,000 people die annually as a result of bicycle accidents and that 62 percent of those deaths are related to head injuries.
Head injuries can be fatal. If you survive a head injury, the effects can be life-long, leaving you with irreparable neurological damage. Even a mild head injury from jarring your brain, known as a concussion, can cause persistent symptoms. An accident does not have to be severe enough to fracture the bone of your skull. Damage can occur when your brain moves inside your head, either hitting your skull directly or twisting around.
Wearing a Bike Helmet can Reduce Your Child’s Risk of Serious Head Injury by 85 Percent
A serious head injury can cause lifelong disability or death. You should always have your child wear a bicycle helmet when he or she rides a bike. A bike helmet is an easy and effective way to significantly reduce the risk of head injury. The majority of bicycle accidents, involving children, don’t happen with cars. They happen from falls. Falls can happen anywhere.
At Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC, unfortunately, we have seen children who have been killed or who have sustained permanent brain injuries. We have witnessed the devastation this has caused the children’s families. This is why we have, for over 12 years, given away bike helmets. We have given away thousands of bike helmets. We will give away over 1,000 helmets again this year. If your community, police department, church or other organization is hosting a safety event and would like Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC to participate and give away free bike helmets, contact us and ask for Dana Craig.
Distracted Driving Kills: Indianapolis Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers
At Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC, we have seen the devastation caused by distracted driving, as well as drunk driving. We have lost count of how many families we have represented that have been destroyed and devastated by a distracted or drunk driver
Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC is a law firm that is dedicated to making our communities safer. One of the ways we do that is through education and demonstration. That is why we have purchased several driving simulation machines that the law firm uses to teach people about the dangers of texting and driving as well as drunk driving.
Texting and Driving is Dangerous and Against the Law in Indiana
You see it every day. A car is swerving, slowing and then speeding up. When you are able to look into the vehicle, you notice the driver of the erratically driven vehicle is texting and driving. As of July 1, 2011, this behavior is illegal. A person may not use a telecommunications device to: (1) type a text message or an electronic mail message; (2) transmit a text message or an electronic mail message; or (3) read a text message or an electronic mail message, while operating a motor vehicle.
Other Distracted Driving or Drunk Driving: Indiana Personal Injury Attorneys
Distracted driving is any non-driving activity a person engages in that has the potential to distract him or her from the primary task of driving and increases the risk of crashing. While all distractions can endanger driver’s safety, texting is the most alarming because it involves all three types of distractions. Other distracting activities include: driving tired or sleep deprived; talking to passengers; grooming; using a cell phone; watching a video; using a navigation system; messing with the radio.
For the past several years, Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC has used a driving simulation machine to show the dangers of texting and driving as well as drunk driving. We have taken the machines around the state to show, primarily young people, that the danger is real. We have taken it to community safety events, driver’s education classes, and other events.
Recently, Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC purchased two of these simulation machines and donated them to two different fire departments so that they could also use the machines to teach the danger of texting and driving.
By the Numbers: About Indiana Personal Injury
- 35 – When a driver texts while driving, his/her reaction time will decrease by 35%
- X4 – Drivers who use hand-held devices are 4 times more likely to get into crashes serious enough to injure themselves.
- .08 – Using a cell phone while driving delays a driver’s reaction as much as having a blood alcohol concentration of .08 percent which is considered legally drunk.
- 4000 – Experts say about 4000 teens die each year in car accidents, and being distracted or impaired is often a contributing factor.
Supporting Employee Sponsorships and Donations in Indiana
Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC employs people who live throughout Indiana. The firm encourages community involvement and donates money each year to a cause, activity or event on behalf of our employees. Each employee can pick their own event or organization to support.
Allowing everyone in the firm to pick their own community causes assures a good cross section of community support. Some of the events and organizations we have donated to include:
- Jennings County United Way Student Fun Walk
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life
- St. Vincent Foundation Weekend to End Breast Cancer
- Lawrence North Men’s Soccer
- Richmond Police Department Car Seat Safety Program
- Baxter YMCA Youth Soccer League
- March of Dimes March for Babies
- Palladium-Item Newspaper in Education Program
- Franklin County Sheriff ’s Department Safe Kids Fund
- Lawrence Township Boys Basketball League
- Union County Clerk’s Office Christmas Toy Drive
- Cares for Kids Putt Putt Palooza
- Lawrence North Baseball
- Aurora Police Department K-9 Unit
- Westfield Travel Softball
- Knightstown Lady Panther Basketball Team
- Fishers Freedom Festival
- Fall Creek Little League
- Ball State University
- Avon Attack Fast Pitch
- New Castle Volleyball
- Batesville Youth Basketball
- Carmel Road Racing Group
We are proud members of the towns and cities we call home. We are proud to serve our neighbors statewide and dedicated to helping injured people put their lives back together.
Working Hard to Make Our Indiana Communities Safer
- Trials and Settlements: On occasion, when one of our cases involves a dangerous condition or practice that could hurt others, we have insisted on correcting the dangerous condition or practice as part of the settlement. It is a bad enough that our client had to be injured but when we can help eliminate the danger through settlement, it is our hope that others can be protected. Examples include, but are not limited to the following:
- Dangerous Slide: There was an old rusty and run down slide in a trailer park that was used by children on a regular basis. There were rusty exposed bolts that stuck up through the base. There was no reason for the bolts to extend up through the base. Our client, a little girl, fell and the bolt went through her skull into her brain. As part of the settlement, the dangerous slide was removed.
- Crossing Guard: A school had a free early breakfast program for elementary aged school children. Children who lived close to the school, who regularly walked to school, and had no bus option available to them, would walk to school to get the free breakfast. Neither the school, nor the city, provided crossing guards for the children walking to the free breakfast program. A small child walking with her brother and sister was killed while crossing an extremely busy road outside the school. As part of the settlement, the city’s attorney agreed to several changes that would make it safer for the children walking to the school.
- Trials: Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC regularly goes to trial when insurance companies refuse to be fair. The great thing about a trial is that six people from the county where the case is pending get to decide what is reasonable and what is fair. A jury verdict is a permanent record. Ordinary folks, not lawyers or insurance companies, decide the fate of our clients. By doing so, the jury gets to decide for the county whether certain behavior is acceptable or not. By doing so, they can make it safer for the rest of us. The Founding Fathers of this great country had faith in and demanded the right to jury trials.
- Appeals: When a law is unfair to the citizens of the State, the law firm of Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC will and has taken the case up to the Indiana Supreme Court to clarify the law or attempt to reverse it if possible. See Appeals Section.
- Community Safety Days: Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC participates in community safety days sponsored by organizations, such as, fire departments or police departments. In addition, the law firm holds its own safety days. These events allow the law firm to educate the public on the dangers we see every day in our practice and to give back to our communities.
- Bike Helmet Give-Aways and Driver Simulation Machine: Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC is committed to protecting children by providing them with free bike helmets and by educating people on the dangers of distracted driving. See Bike Helmet and Distracted Driver Sections of this site.
Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC gives away thousands of bicycle helmets
Schedule a Free Consultation with Indiana Injury Attorneys Who Care
Why not pick a firm that gives back to community? Call us at 888-673-7275 or contact Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC online. We have several satellite offices and meeting locations. We will gladly set up an appointment at a location convenient to you or in your home.
Areas we serve:
- Anderson, Indiana
- Carmel, Indiana
- Columbus, Indiana
- Evansville, Indiana
- Fishers, Indiana
- Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Gary, Indiana
- Greenfield, Indiana
- Greenwood, Indiana
- Hammond, Indiana
- Kokomo, Indiana
- Lafayette, Indiana