As parents, we cannot be with our children at all hours of the day. We must put our trust in babysitters, teachers, and other adults who we believe are responsible and capable of caring for our child.
However, sometimes children are injured as a result of the negligence of those we’ve entrusted with their care. When this happens, you should contact Indiana child accident lawyers right away.
Some of the most common children’s injuries include:
- Dog bites. Most children love animals and want to display their affection. But because of their small size, they are especially vulnerable if a dog decides to turn on them and attack. Dog bites can result in severe injuries to a child, including broken bones, scarring and sometimes even death.
- Swimming pool accidents. It is the responsibility of the proprietor to make sure their pool is safe. When they fail to do so, accidents to children can occur. Some of the most common swimming pool accidents involve uncovered drains, excessive chemicals in the pool or children left unattended outside of the pool, and drowning.
- Car accidents. It is the law that children wear seat belts or be buckled into a car seat when riding in a car. Unfortunately, this safety precaution is disregarded in many car accidents where children are injured.
- Household poisoning. Sometimes accidents occur because people leave unsafe chemicals, medicines or poisons around their house unattended.
- Accidents involving firearms. We’ve all heard about stories of kids hurting or killing themselves playing with a parent’s gun. Unfortunately, these types of accidents do occur.
If you or a loved one’s child has been injured because of the negligence of another adult, it is important you contact an Indiana child attorney to discuss your options. Contact the experienced child injury attorneys in Indianapolis at Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC today for a free consultation.
Here are a few car accident resources to help you get the information you need: