When selecting an attorney to handle your truck accident injury claim, there are a number of issues you should consider and qualities you should look for. The right lawyer can make the difference between a favorable and unfavorable outcome, so it’s not a decision you should take lightly. Contact the car and truck accident lawyers at Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC for more information.
Recognizing insurance hurdles: Indiana truck accident lawyer
Trucking companies carry insurance policies to protect them when legal issues arise. But, the main goal of an insurer is not to help its policyholder take financial responsibility — it is to minimize the financial losses to itself and its policyholder. Unfortunately, this puts you at a disadvantage as a plaintiff who’s just trying to obtain coverage for the undue injuries you suffer.
In the aftermath of your accident, the trucking company’s insurer may conduct its own investigations, alter evidence or even contact you, requesting information they then use to your disadvantage. As you face corporate insurers, you need an attorney who can recognize these practices and protect your interests.
Qualifications of an Indiana Truck Accident Lawyer
An Indiana lawyer who is qualified to represent you in your truck accident claim should possess the following traits:
- They should have ample experience handling commercial vehicle crash lawsuits and come from an office that focuses a significant portion of the practice on truck accident cases.
- They should be familiar with the laws and regulations that exist for Indiana truck drivers, particularly in regards to drivers’ rest requirements and record-keeping, cargo loading, safety inspections and other pertinent issues.
- They should hold membership to one or more professional organizations specifically for trucking lawyers. It is an indicator of presence and reputation within the legal community.
If you think you have a truck accident injury claim, contact an experienced accident attorney as soon as possible.
We urge you to call our accident lawyers today for a free legal consultation if you believe you or a loved one has an accident case against a trucking company.
Our firm has received many prestigious awards, including the 2015 Litigator Award, which we also received in 2014, and listing among the 10 Best Law Firms of 2015 by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys. Our lawyers have been awarded Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Rating, 10.0 Superb Rating on Avvo, and membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®. If you have been injured, Craig, Kelley & Faultless LLC has an award winning team ready to help you and your family.
Still researching? Here are a few car accident resources to help you get the information you need:
- Car Accident Lawyer in Indiana
- Truck Accident Attorney Indiana
- Truck Accident Indianapolis FAQs
- Car Accident Indiana FAQs
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death in Indiana
- Car vs. Truck Accidents in Indiana
- Automatic Braking Car Accidents in Indiana
- How to Choose an Indiana Truck Accident Lawyer
Since 1999 the Indianapolis legal team at Craig, Kelley & Faultless, LLC have been dedicated to helping individuals and their families who have been injured or have lost a loved one as the result of someone’s carelessness. The firm was founded by three attorneys, David Craig, William ‘BJ’ Kelley II and Scott Faultless, since then they have added attorneys and legal professionals to the team and opened four additional office locations to better serve their clients.