Tap To Call:800-746-0226

I am recovering from injuries in an accident caused by a drunk truck driver. He has been charged with driving under the influence. Should I do anything else?

You should contact a personal injury lawyer to understand your legal options. A truck driver whose blood alcohol content exceeded the legal limit may face criminal charges for drunken driving. But a criminal conviction of the truck driver will not provide any compensation to cover your medical bills or other losses. You will need to file a separate civil lawsuit against the truck driver and the trucking company that employed the driver seeking compensation for your personal injuries and related losses. In alcohol-related fatal crashes in Indiana, drivers of large trucks represented approximately 4 percent of those who were legally impaired, according to Indiana Crash Facts. It’s important to have a knowledgeable truck accident lawyer review the specific facts of the accident.